Your car warranty lasts for only 60,000 miles. Some car dealers offer warranty for as much as 100,000 miles, and that is it. What after that? You will have to pay for the repairs of your car through your own pocket or you will have to get an extended car warranty.
Many people are reluctant to get an extended warranty for their car because they think that they are paying more in premiums and the total cost of their car repairs is a lot less. So they can easily pay through their own pocket. However, there is a catch!
Let’s say you pay for your extended vehicle service through your own pocket. Your total car repairs cost you 2,000$. You had the option to pay $900 in insurance for the whole year in extended warranty and it would have covered your total repair cost. But you paid $1,100 more.
But this is just the repair cost for a single year. The maintenance cost of all vehicles increases with time and that’s why it is necessary to get the extended auto warranty. An extended auto warranty coverage can help you protect your car from unnecessary engine failure and from excessive spending on maintenance.
Do You Really Need Extended Warranty for Cars?
This is not a one answer fits all scenario. The extended vehicle service cover may suit you if your car has already crossed the 60,000 insurance limit. Once the warranty coverage limit is over, you need to get an insurance plan that best suits your needs of the car. On average, the car Extended car warranty covers almost everything from car repair to maintenance of most of its parts. When searching for a car warranty, make sure to go through all the packages and see what they have covered.
The details in the fine prints of any insurance policy are hard to study that’s why it is necessary that you get a car insurance package that best works for you.
Best Vehicle Warranty Company: Warranty Worth It?
It depends on multiple factors. Let’s go through each factor that can help with extended car warranty service one by one.
- Does your car face frequent wear and tear problems?
- Do you drive on rough terrain that can cause it to wear its parts faster?
- Are you getting a used car/bike/motorcycle that will need safety from regular wear and tear?
- Do you travel more often? Are you afraid that your car will break down in the middle of the road and you won’t have anything to call for help? Perhaps get a roadside assistance insurance plan.
Tips for Buying Extended Warranty Car Coverage
Here are some tips that you need to keep in mind when buying the best-extended warranties for cars:
- Don’t jump at the dealership warranty. Instead, third-party providers offers a much better and cost-effective option. In most cases, you can easily get an even better package by negotiating with the third-party insurance agents. If you are looking for only roadside assistance and not the whole car cover, then you may get a much cheaper rate. Moreover, if you use snow tires for your car, the cost of an extended car warranty will decrease even further.
- Shop around and compare warranties and providers. State governments also list verified insurance agents that you can choose from. Or, you can get a reference from many online groups available on Facebook and other social media websites.
- Make sure to read the fine print properly. If you are unsure how to read it, get help from a friend who knows about legal matters so that he can explain to you when the insurance policy will kick in i.e. after how much deductibles from your pocket.
- There are many online review websites where you can easily find the ratings of any insurance company. Use resources like TrustPilot, Better Business Bureau and the likes of them to find car insurance policy ratings. Look for those that are working in your area so that you can get an idea about which one will best suit you.
Buying the best-extended car warranty is not an easy task and you will have to search the market to find a deal that works for you. If you want to get a quote about how much a car extended warranty costs, talk to our insurance agents today.
Request a call